Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day 29 - Sharing the Juice Love

Our landlord and lady dropped by to fix some things today. We're lucky enough to have a friendly relationship with them, so they hung out to chat for a while. It was approaching noon, and because of my morning schedule, I hadn't made my first juice of the day. While we talked I blended apple, parsley, spinach, lemon, and ginger. Of course, I shared a sample with everyone.

Rarely do we have a house guest without one or both of us going off on a healthy eating tangent. There's nothing like a captive audience, especially when we can serve them some yummy-deliciousness as a means of swaying them to our way of thinking. This time we tag-teamed. I did my best to articulate some of the benefits I've experienced since going high raw/very high vegan and since starting my juice feast. I'm hoping we convinced them to replace one meal a day with a green smoothie as they transition to some healthier choices. Heck, I'd love to see just about everyone I know add a daily green smoothie to his or her diet!

Today's juice:
apple/parsley/spinach/ginger/lemon
watermelon/strawberry/apple
grapefruit/orange

Since I missed what would've been my 2nd green juice for the day, I supplemented with lots of chlorella. I should've had a green powder, but lately Vitamineral Green just tastes too strong to me, and that's the only one I have. I have a strict policy of not eating or drinking things I don't enjoy!

No comments: