Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 54 - Missing the Kitchen

As the end of my feast draws near--just 8 days to go--I realize it's been easier than most people think it could be, I'm not really ready for it to end yet, and I miss the creativity, textures, and tastes of whole foods. I still prepare many of my family's meals, but my inability to sample as I go greatly inhibits my ability to be spontaneous. That's just the way I've learned to cook/prepare food over the last many years.

What I really miss are the times when food prep becomes a loving mediation--Heifetz flowing from the ipod player; a countertop covered in red, green, yellow, purple, and orange fruits of nature, and an end result that pleases my family (most of the time), and makes me feel good about serving them fresh, delicious meals created from the best foods on earth.

Okay, so those meditative food prep days are the exception, rather than the rule. Perhaps a lesson I can take from this juice feast is to make sure those days come more frequently.

Today's Juice:
pineapple/kale/spinach/ginger
watermelon
grapefruit/orange
kale/apple/pear/lemon

No comments: