Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 49 - A Juicy Buzz

Not too long ago, a SAD-eating friend came over and we discussed my juice feast. After a round of questions and good natured objections to the whole idea, he jokingly asked, "Can it get you drunk?"

Well, no, but it can get you buzzed. Seriously! I don't know anyone whose intention is to juice feast so they can "get high," --that would be sad--but I've occasionally found I do get a slightly-out-of-myself feeling when I drink certain juices. A few days ago, I made an apple/beet/beet green/ginger/lemon combination for my cousin, and she asked me what I put in it. She was having a similar buzzy feeling.

The beautiful thing about the juice feasting buzz is that there's no sense of being out of control, sick, or destructive. It's more of an appealing lightness.

All buzzes aside, I'm blissed out with my current juicy state. I prefer not to contemplate the end, which is only 11 days away.

Today's juice:
pineapple/kale/spinach
pineapple/orange
watermelon
Final juice of the day TBD

No comments: