Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 50!

It's day 50 of my juice feast, and I'm pleasantly surprised at how easy it's been. After my weekend long walk/jog (about 2 hours), I volunteered this morning at a fundraiser for my daughter's theater school. We threw a fish fry, and the baked beans looked and smelled delicious. After that, I headed over to Whole Foods to use their free wi-fi and get in a couple of hours of work on my novel. All around me people were eating foods I know are delicious, including raw cinnamon rolls and fresh salads. There's was no sense of temptation, especially since I bought 2 juices for myself. Since I started the feast, my biggest treat has been having someone else make my juices for me.

I feel like I should do something to mark the day, but this post is as close as I'll come to celebrating. I can't believe I have only 10 days left in my feast. I'm looking at the calendar to see if there's a chance I can extend it. It's not likely, since I have so much travel coming up, including 4 days in a cabin with a mini-fridge and no access to a grocery store. Hmmm . . . I'll have to think about it.

Today's juice:
pinepapple/kale/mache/ginger
watermelon/orange/berries
(Melon is best consumed alone, but today I walked on the wild side.)
orange/grapefruit
One more TBD

No comments: